The Accountant monitors the business activities of the organization through the maintenance and control of financial records. This position is responsible for the planning and coordination of the accounting and reporting processes, such as preparing financial and statistical reports, statements, and projections.
- Prepare Accounting and Financial reports as required by Owners and Managers to support business operations.
- Compiles information for interim and year-end financial statements and other accounting and business related reports as necessary.
- Oversees daily processing and accounting for expenditures by departments and reviews the reports for financial transactions to funding sources.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and prepares financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and compliance with local, state, and federal requirements, and standard accounting and audit procedures.
- Insures compliance with accounting standards and audit requirements of professional and regulatory agencies.
- Analyzes internal controls and other policies and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Prepare franchise fee monthly calculation reports and other reports as required.
- Establish and monitor procedures for timely payment of business licenses, insurance fees, and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure reporting and communications is frequent and bi-directional.
- Bachelor degree, with an emphasis in business or accounting
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including thorough skills knowledge plus the application of general accounting theory.
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate proficiency in accounting software applications
- Strong leadership abilities - ability to effectively lead a team of diverse populations, if necessary
- Able to consistently make intelligent, independent decisions under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization in a professional and positive manner
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Required to sit for long periods of time and frequent use of hands and fingers, to handle and feel
- Moderate activity, with occasional bending and stooping, standing and/or walking for extended periods
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds while using safe lifting techniques
- Speaking and hearing: able to comprehend normal speech
- See and have visual capability: able to see screens, monitors, and environment
- Works inside, closely with others
- Generally works regular work hours, occasionally works after hours
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy
- May require travel to client meetings/presentations and/or within Company locations
CONCLUSION - INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTION
This job description has been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform this position. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by managers as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can quit or be terminated by employer for any reason not prohibited by law.