Even though New Horizons Computer Learning Center is the world’s largest independent provider of IT training with more than 300 centers in 65 countries, there are many metro areas in the U.S. that do not have a physical training center. With the OnLine LIVE (OLL) learning model, students in any location can attend live training from their home or office with only minimal technical requirements.
Here's a partial list of the authorized vendor curriculum currently on our schedule:
The Learning Experience
Online LIVE classes follow the same framework as our traditional instructor-led training. Using lecture, demos, and freehand diagramming, our certified trainers provide instruction through our collaborative eLearning platform. All students are issued low-noise headphones with microphones, and may freely participate in discussions with the instructor or with other students by voice or through text-chat. VoIP technology allows for clear, uninterrupted voice communication. Students apply what they learn in lecture by working on hands-on labs in a virtual environment. During their lab practice, the instructor can provide one-to-one mentoring, using remote sharing technology to view and manage the student’s computer.
The Learning Environment
With minimal technical requirements, the OLL platform was designed to make the training experience as simple to implement as possible, allowing students to attend class from their home, office, or on the road.
The award winning labs offer students the following features:
- Learn on the real thing – Learners interact with virtual machines, allowing them to use the same software and scenarios they will encounter in the real world.
- Integrated guidance – The Lab On-Demand lab console walks the learner through the learning process step-by-step. Detailed instructions are provided from within the console interface. This means the learner doesn’t waste time flipping between a lab manual and the lab itself.
- Lab restore points – Learners can create restore points within their labs, allowing them to instantly revert back to “known good” states.
- Customizable interface – The lab console can be customized by the learner to fit individual needs and preferences.
New Horizons offers live labs for more than 150 courses. The majority of Online LIVE offerings are vendor authorized programs, including: Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, CompTIA, and Novell.
Benefits of Online LIVE
Online LIVE brings a variety of benefits to our clients, including:
- Robust and varied open-enrollment training schedule taught by our staff of more than 50 vendor-certified instructors
- Minimizes commuting challenges and costs, promoting a green agenda
- Connect virtual teams for collaborative group training
- Eliminates class cancellations and rescheduling
Students from dozens of cities around the US have attended OLL training, including: