Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP)
This course follows the lifecycle of IT hardware assets beyond the scope of the cradle to grave analogy and discusses the business practices that can best be used to manage those assets efficiently and cost-effectively.
Who Should Attend
Asset Managers, ITIL trained IT Professionals, Project Managers/PMP's.
1 - Day One
- ITAM Code of Ethics
- Communication and Education Management Overview
- Policy Management in Hardware Asset Management
- Ore Processes for Effective Policy Management
- Self-Assessment and Action Planning
- Setting Up the Hardware Asset Management Program Hardware Asset Management Standards
- Planning and Implementing Change
- Measuring Success
2 - Day Two
- Procurement Through Acceptance Processes
- Negotiations and Pricing Structures
- Vendor Management
- Receiving - Centralization, Tagging Methodologies, Defective Equipment, Outsourcing
- Managing The Life Of The Asset
- Support Infrastructure - Policies, Developing Life Cycle Processes And Procedures
- Working With The Help Desk - Tools, Life Cycle Deployment, IT Framework Implementations
- Managing The Inventory
- Discovery Tools - Technical Characteristics, Functionality
- Ownership Repositories - Characteristics, Phased Implementation, Evaluation
- Choosing The Right Level Of Detail
- Distribute, Dispose or Redeployment
- End Of Lease - Asset Tracking, Contractual Implications
- DataCenter Power Consumption and Green Initiatives
- Disposal Management - Legislation, Logistics, Data Removal, Documentation, Reuse,
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Central time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.