20466 Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server
The focus of this five-day instructor-led course is on creating managed enterprise BI solutions. It describes how to implement multidimensional and tabular data models, deliver reports with Microsoft® SQL Server® Reporting Services, create dashboards with Microsoft SharePoint Server PerformancePoint Services, and discover business insights by using data mining.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
Implementing analytical data models, such as OLAP cubes.
Implementing reports, and managing report delivery.
Creating business performance dashboards.
Supporting data mining and predictive analysis.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
Implement dimensions in a cube.
Implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
Use MDX Syntax.
Customize a cube.
Implement a Tabular Data Model in SQL Server Analysis Services.
Use DAX to enhance a tabular model.
Create reports with Reporting Services.
Enhance reports with charts and parameters.
Manage report execution and delivery.
Implement a dashboard in SharePoint Server with PerformancePoint Services.
Use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis.
1 - Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- The Microsoft Enterprise BI Platform
2 - Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Introduction to Multidimensional Analysis
- Creating Data Sources and Data Source Views
- Creating a Cube
- Overview of Cube Security
3 - Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Configuring Dimensions
- Defining Attribute Hierarchies
- Sorting and Grouping Hierarchies
4 - Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Working with Measures
- Working with Measure Groups
5 - Introduction to MDX
- MDX Fundamentals
- Adding Calculations to a Cube
- Using MDX to Query a Cube
6 - Customizing Cube Functionality
- Implementing Key Performance Indicators
- Implementing Actions
- Implementing Perspectives
- Implementing Translations
7 - Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Describe Analysis Services tabular data model projects.
- Implement an Analysis Services tabular data model.
- Use an Analysis Services tabular data model.
8 - Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- DAX Fundamentals
- Using DAX to Create calculated Columns and Measures in a Tabular Data Model
9 - Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Introduction to Reporting Services
- Creating a Report with Report Designer
- Grouping and Aggregating Data in a Report
- Showing Data Graphically
- Filtering Reports Using Parameters
10 - Automating Report Execution and Delivery
- Managing Report Security
- Managing Report Execution
- Delivering Reports with Subscriptions and Data Alerts
- Troubleshooting Reporting Services
11 - Delivering BI with SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
12 - Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
- Overview of Data Mining
- Using the Data Mining Add-in for Excel
- Creating a Custom Data Mining Solution
- Validating a Data Mining Model
- Connecting to and Consuming Data Mining Data
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Central time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Class times are listed Central time
This class is available for Private Group Training