CXD-105 Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Help Desk Support
Learn to support end-users accessing virtual apps and desktops as part of a Citrix solution. In this course you will learn to use Citrix Director to interact with user sessions and to capture information for solving issues or escalating to the administration team. Gain foundational knowledge about the XenApp and XenDesktop technology and an understanding of how components interact. You will learn about each component, focusing on common user related issues that may arise, and how to apply a methodical approach to solve them using real world scenarios. By the end of the course, you will be able to solve or escalate end-user issues appropriately.
Who Should Attend
Built for help desk members whom are new to XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x and are focused on supporting end users. Potential students include help desk members, service desk members, and others who focus on solving user issues with XenApp and XenDesktop in a supporting role.
• How to support end-users connecting to Virtual Apps and Desktops through Citrix Receiver • How to use Citrix Director to gather information and interact with user sessions • A methodology to approach user related issues to minimize time to resolution • An understanding of the XenApp and XenDesktop solution and the role of the component
1 - Fundamental Architecture for the Help Desk Role
- Introduction to XenApp and XenDesktop
- The Help Desk Role for XenApp and XenDesktop
- Help Desk Support Methodology
- Citrix Help Desk Priorities
2 - Citrix Director
- Introduction to Citrix Director
- Navigating the Director Console
- Performing Typical Help Desk Actions
3 - End User Access
- Access Methods
- Subscriptions, Favorites, and Experience
- Solving User Access Issues
- Real World Troubleshooting Scenarios
4 - Citrix Receiver
- Receiver Types
- Receiver Deployment Methods
- Solving User Issues with Citrix Receiver
5 - User Sessions
- Defining User Sessions
- Solving Session Related Issues
6 - Printing with User Sessions
- Printer Types and Management
- Solving Common Printer Related Issues
7 - Support
- Citrix Help Desk Support Methodology
- Solving Additional User Issues and Scenarios
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Central time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.