CXD-303 Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.1x Advanced Management with App Layering, WEM and HDX
Get more value out of your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops investment through the use of Workspace Environment Management, Application Layering and advanced features. You’ll leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-zone environments spanning multiple locations with configurations
around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers and HDX. You’ll gain the skills to improve logon times, user personalization and resource performance through Workspace Environment Management. Also, learn to optimize management of your app and desktop images by building and deploying App Layers with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
Who Should Attend
Built for experienced IT Professionals working with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops. Potential students include administrators, engineers and architects responsible for the end user workspace, app and desktop images and overall health and performance of the solution.
• How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption • Understand Zones in Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops and how to account for user and desktop locationsand optimal connection and registration • How to build and manage App Layers to minimize image sprawl with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
1 - Intermediate FlexCast Management Architecture (FMA)
- FMA Services
- SQL database connectivity and security
- Multi-zone VDA registration
- Zone preference
2 - Workspace Environment Management (WEM) (Extended Module)
- Introduction to WEM
- Optimizing resource consumption on VDA hosts
- Managing the end-user experience with WEM
- Migrating existing settings and configurations to WEM
3 - StoreFront Optimization and Routing
- User experience optimizations
- StoreFront branding
- Optimal Gateway routing and Zones
- Subscription Store
4 - HDX and Multimedia
- HDX in the network
- Enlightened Data Protocol (EDT)
- Multimedia delivery and redirection
- Delivering Skype for Business with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
5 - App Layering (Full day module)
- App Layering Introduction
- Layering Architecture
- Creating Layers
- App Layering Maintenance
6 - Supporting and Troubleshooting
- Session Launch
This is a 3-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Central time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.