Who Should Attend
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Explain how to use Visual Studio 2017 to create and run a Web application.
Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and Fetch API.
Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
Create Web applications that support offline operations.
Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
Use WebPack to package web applications for production.
1 - Overview of HTML and CSS
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2017
2 - Creating and Styling HTML Pages
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
- Introduction to the Document Object Model
4 - Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Creating HTML5 Forms
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
5 - Communicating with a Remote Server
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using the XMLHttpRequest Object
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using the Fetch API
6 - Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
- Styling Text by Using CSS3
- Styling Block Elements
- Pseudo-Classes and Pseudo-Elements
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
8 - Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
9 - Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
10 - Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
11 - Creating Advanced Graphics
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using SVG
- Drawing Graphics by Using the Canvas API
12 - Animating the User Interface
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Keyframe Animations
13 - Implementing Real-time Communication by Using Web Sockets
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Using the WebSocket API
14 - Performing Background Processing by Using Web Workers
- Understanding Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using Web Workers
- Understanding Transpilers And Module bundling
- Creating Separate Packages for Cross Browser Support
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Central time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Class times are listed Central time
This class is available for Private Group Training