In this course, students will identify information about the five native business processes every company can manage using Salesforce, regardless of the License Edition. Students will also gain insight into each of the functional groups of users (Inside Sales, Outside Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, and Management), and they will establish patterns of critical thinking that can help them to ensure that they are indeed taking the right approach and providing the necessary support for each request they receive.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who need to manage instances of Salesforce Sales Cloud®. Target students have Sales Cloud user skills and are often existing Sales, Administrative, or Operations support employees, IT employees who are given the additional responsibilities of Salesforce.com® system administration, or external consultants who have been engaged to provide administrative support for an organization.
This course can also be an important component of preparing for the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam for students who are seeking the Salesforce Certified Administrator certification.
In this course, students will perform the basic skills required of a typical Salesforce system administrator.
Describe basic concepts related to Salesforce administration.
Set up an organization.
Manage user accounts.
Implement security controls.
Configure the Salesforce Classic user interface.
Support the Lightning Experience user interface.
Implement additional Opportunity features.
Implement data validation and workflows.
Manage custom objects.
Configure views, reports, and dashboards.
Integrate and extend Salesforce.
1 - INTRODUCTION TO SALESFORCE ADMINISTRATION
- The Salesforce Data Model
- SMART Administration Principles
2 - SETTING UP AN ORGANIZATION
- Manage the Company Profile
- Configure Organizational Settings
3 - MANAGING USER ACCOUNTS
- Create User Accounts
- Manage Users
4 - IMPLEMENTING SECURITY CONTROLS
- Salesforce Security Essentials
- Configure Profiles
- Establish Organization-Wide Sharing Defaults
- Configure Roles
- Create Sharing Rules
- Perform a Health Check
5 - CONFIGURING THE SALESFORCE CLASSIC USER INTERFACE
- Configure User Interface Settings
- Customize the Home Page in Salesforce Classic
- Configure Search in Salesforce Classic
6 - CUSTOMIZING PAGES
- Implement Lightning Experience
- Customize Lightning Experience Home Pages
7 - CUSTOMIZING PAGES
- Create Page Layouts in Salesforce Classic
- Customize Record Pages in Lightning Experience
8 - INTRODUCTION TO OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT
- Opportunity Management Essentials
- Design and Implement Opportunity Fields
- Design and Implement Opportunity Stages
- Design and Implement Opportunity Contact Roles
- Design and Create Opportunity Record Types
9 - IMPLEMENTING ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITY FEATURES
- Implement and Maintain Opportunity Products and Price Books
- Implement the Similar Opportunities Function
- Implement Opportunity Teams
- Create a Big Deal Alert
10 - IMPLEMENTING DATA VALIDATION AND WORKFLOWS
- Create and Test Validation Rules
- Create and Test Workflows
11 - MANAGING LEADS
- Lead Management Essentials
- Design and Implement Lead Fields
- Design and Implement Custom Lead Sources
- Design and Implement Web-to-Lead Forms
- Design and Implement Lead Assignment Rules
12 - MANAGING ACCOUNTS
- Design an Account Management Model
- Implement an Account Management Model
13 - MANAGING CONTACTS
- Design a Contact Management Strategy
- Implement a Contact Management Strategy
14 - MANAGING CAMPAIGNS
- Prepare for Campaign Management
- Administer a Campaign Management Strategy
15 - MANAGING CASES
- Case Management Essentials
- Design and Implement Case Fields
- Design and Implement Case Origins
- Automate Case Management
16 - PROVIDING APPS AND CUSTOM OBJECTS
- Supply Apps in Salesforce Classic
- Supply Apps in Lightning Experience
17 - MANAGING DATA
- Data Management Essentials
- Import and Update Data
- Back Up and Restore Data
18 - CONFIGURING VIEWS, REPORTS, AND DASHBOARDS
- Create Views
- Create and Manage Reports
- Create and Manage Dashboards
19 - INTEGRATING AND EXTENDING SALESFORCE
- Integrate Salesforce and Outlook
- Implement Salesforce1
- Implement SalesforceA