Access for Office 365 - Part 2
In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design; promote quality input from users; improve database efficiency and promote data integrity; and implement advanced features in tables, queries, forms, and reports. Extending your knowledge of Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Access Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases and developing tables, queries, forms, and reports in Microsoft Access for Office 365.
In this course you will:
Optimize an Access database.
Provide input validation features to promote the entry of quality data into a database.
Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
Improve the usability of Access tables.
Create advanced queries to join and summarize data.
Use advanced formatting and controls to improve form presentation.
Use advanced formatting and calculated fields to improve reports.
1 - IMPROVING TABLE USABILITY
- Create Lookups Within a Table
- Work with Subdatasheets
2 - CREATING ADVANCED QUERIES
- Create Query Joins
- Create Subqueries
- Summarize Data
3 - IMPROVING FORM PRESENTATION
- Apply Conditional Formatting
- Create Tab Pages with Subforms and Other Controls
4 - CREATING ADVANCED REPORTS
- Apply Advanced Formatting to a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Control Pagination and Print Quality
- Add a Chart to a Report
5 - IMPORTING AND EXPORTING TABLE DATA
- Import and Link Data
- Export Data
- Create a Mail Merge
6 - USING QUERIES TO MANAGE DATA
- Create Action Queries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
7 - CREATING COMPLEX REPORTS AND FORMS
- Create Subreports
- Create a Navigation Form
- Show Details in Subforms and Popup Forms
8 - CREATING ACCESS MACROS
- Create a Standalone Macro to Automate Repetitive Tasks
- Create a Macro to Program a User Interface Component
- Filter Records by Using a Condition
- Create a Data Macro
9 - USING VBA TO EXTEND DATABASE CAPABILITIES
- Introduction to VBA
- Using VBA with Form Controls
10 - MANAGING A DATABASE
- Back Up a Database
- Manage Performance Issues
- Document a Database
11 - DISTRIBUTING AND SECURING A DATABASE
- Split a Database for Multiple-User Access
- Implement Security
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Package a Database with a Digital Signature
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Central time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Class times are listed Central time
This class is available for Private Group Training