This course teaches students the fundamental components when creating and writing an email. Students will gain information regarding message set-up, stylistic information, as well as proofreading and editing. The class is designed to show students the most effective ways and approaches to email usage.
Who Should Attend
Beginner-Moderate exposure is recommended for this course. The topics covered are cumulative in nature, and they require minimal understanding of email applications and composition.
The objective of the course is to give students the information needed to create emails that are written in a succinct, effective, and user-friendly manner. Students will learn how to set up an email subject, salutation, and will then work on how to write a credible email.
1 - Lessons
- Overview of Email Etiquette - Learn the importance of email as a vehicle of communication.
- Setting up a Message - Learn what steps to take when creating an email.
- Writing Style - Learn how to compose an email using proper tone and length.
- Formatting and Proofing - Learn to check emails for errors and how to correct them.
- Replying to Emails - Learn the differences between reply and reply all, and when to use which one.