This course is an introduction to using PivotTables, a fast and versatile way to summarize and analyze complex sets of data. This course covers the basics of how to create and organize PivotTables as well as some general information about when and why to use PivotTables.
Who Should Attend
This lessons in this course assume some experience with Excel, so the course may not be suitable for absolute beginners. Though PivotTables sometimes have a reputation of more advanced, however, they are designed to be flexible and user-friendly and can make data analysis easy for even less experienced users.
The goal of this course is, first of all, to make PivotTables more accessible to students who doubt their abilities to use them. Students will learn how to create PivotTables, when and why to use PivotTables, and how to format and modify them according to their needs. By the end of this course, you will be able to create a PivotTable for any dataset, and you will be ready to learn more advanced features as well as how to work with PivotCharts.
1 - Lessons
- Analyzing with PivotTables - Learn what PivotTables are and how to create them from scratch or by using premade formats.
- Using the PivotTable Fields Pane - Learn how to restructure and filter PivotTables by organizing the fields of data.
- The PivotTable Tools Analyze Tab - Learn how to format values, group data, refresh the PivotTable, and use other tools on the ribbon.
- Formatting the PivotTable - Learn how to summarize data with totals and subtotals and how redesign the appearance of a PivotTable.
- Filtering with Slicers and Timeline Slicers - Learn how to filter data quickly and effectively by creating slicers and timelines.
- Creating a PivotChart from a PivotTable - Learn how to visualize PivotTable data in an automatically responsive chart.