Excel 365 Advanced Lookup Functions
This course is a more advanced session on lookup functions in Microsoft Excel. Students will use the VLOOKUP function in a variety of different ways to quickly find answers within a dataset. The course will also introduce a variety of useful functions regarding formula and error management. Lookup functions are one of the most frequently used advanced features in Excel, and this course will expand your knowledge of their power.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for students who are already familiar with the basics of lookup functions and are looking to take their skills to the next level. It should be noted that using lookup functions requires a fair amount of experience writing formulas and a solid understanding of how datasets are structured, so this course is not recommended for beginners.
The goal of this course is to teach students how to quickly find specific information in large datasets. Students will go beyond a basic VLOOKUP function to learn how to find data based on multiple criteria, or data based on partial information. This course will help guide students to unlock the full potential of lookup functions
1 - Lessons
- Using Advanced Lookup Functions - Learn how to use the VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions with TRUE to find an approximate match.
- Using VLOOKUP to Compare Two Lists- Learn how to compare two lists with VLOOKUP and hide #N/A errors with the IFNA function.
- Using VLOOKUP with Multiple Criteria - Learn how use combine VLOOKUP and CONCAT to locate values based on multiple columns and use wildcards with VLOOKUP to retrieve information based on a partial match.
- Using INDEX and MATCH - Learn how to create a combined INDEX and MATCH formula.
- Using FORMULATEXT to Reveal a Formula - Learn how to return a formula as a text string from a given reference.
- Excel ISFORMULA Function - Learn how to determine if specified cells contain formulas.
Class times are listed Central time.
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
||10:00AM - 11:00AM
|| 3:00PM - 4:00PM
||10:00AM - 11:00AM
Class times are listed Central time
This class is part of our LearnNow Pass. Click here for more details.