This course introduces students to a variety of ways to format text in Adobe InDesign CC. Students will learn how to access all of the essential, as well as more advanced, formatting options to make sure that their documents are professional, readable, and accurate.
Who Should Attend
This class is intended for students who are somewhat familiar with the basics of InDesign, but, though the course does not offer a general overview of the application or lessons on navigating the interface, learning how to work with text is a great place for beginners to start.
The goal of this course is to teach students how to apply any type of text formatting they might need. By the end of this course, you will be able to make your text look however you need it to suit the needs of your document, and you will be ready to continue learning other advanced features as well.
1 - Lessons
- Character Formatting: Learn how to change the font, size, leading, and myriad other settings for your text and how to insert special characters.
- Paragraph Formatting: Learn how to set alignment, spacing, indents, bullets and numbering, and other formatting options.
- Working with Text Frames: Learn how to add columns to text frames and how to set a fill color.
- Working with Type: Learn how to quickly make changes to a document using features like Find/Change and the Story Editor and by finding missing fonts.
- Tracking Changes: Learn how to keep track of edits and accept or reject them to quickly proof documents.