This course teaches students how to create Document Libraries and configure their options, settings, and alerts so others in their organization can access files easily and reliably.
SharePoint 2016 Classic vs. Modern: When viewing your company’s SharePoint sites, you will see it in one of two layouts—Classic or Modern—depending on the site default. The skills are transferable in either view, but you may prefer to attend the course which maps to your company’s settings.
SharePoint 2016 (Classic) Creating Document Libraries for Site Owners/Power Users maps to SharePoint 2013 Creating Document Libraries for Site Owners/Power Users
Who Should Attend
This course is for SharePoint site owners, administrators, and power users who will be adding and configuring Document Libraries in one or more SharePoint sites. It is recommended that students learn the basics of using SharePoint in their organization before taking this course.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to create SharePoint libraries, customize the navigation options, configure version settings, and configure libraries for checking documents in and out. Students will also be able to turn on alerts for libraries and documents, as well as being able to sort, filter, and customize views in document libraries.
1 - Lessons
- Creating SharePoint Libraries - Learn to create and configure document libraries, picture libraries, and custom library templates.
- Customizing Name and Navigation Options - Learn to update the library name, description, and Quick Launch navigation.
- Configuring Version and Check Out Options - Learn to turn on major and minor versioning, configure the check-in/check-out feature, and manage files with no checked-in version.
- Working with Advanced Settings - Learn to turn off the folder option, as well as the ability to sync.
- Creating Alerts - Learn to create a library or document alert for other users.