SharePoint 365 Working with Libraries for the Site User
This course gives an overview of the different ways to create, edit, and customize Document Libraries in a SharePoint site so that organizations can access files and resources easily.
Who Should Attend
This course is for SharePoint site users who work with Document Libraries and would like to customize them beyond sorting and filtering. It is recommended that students take some time to get familiar with the application and document libraries before taking this course.
Upon completion of this courses, students will be able to organize files in a Document Library, adjust and create different view settings, and set alerts on documents and Document Libraries. You will also be able to check documents in and out, and view and restore previous versions of current documents.
1 - Lessons
- Working with the User Interface Tools: Learn how to use library controls, understand the options menu, and pin a document to the top.
- Organizing Files in a Document Library: Learn to sort and filter library items, rename files, create folders, and move files into a folder.
- Working with Views: Learn to change a library layout and create a personal view.
- Working with Columns: Learn to add, adjust, rearrange, and format columns.
- Creating Alerts in SharePoint: Learn to create Alerts for documents and libraries, and view file activity.
- Using Check Out and Check In: Learn to manually check out/in files, discard check-outs, and check in documents from Office applications.
- Understanding Versions: Learn to use Major and Minor versioning, view and compare prior versions in Word, and restore or delete prior versions of documents.