This course will demonstrate how to use some of the advanced features of Microsoft Word to apply special formatting to documents. Using these tools, students will be able to control page layout, improve document design, and work with headers and footers to make documents readable and professional.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed towards students who are already familiar with the Word interface and with formatting documents, so it may not be ideal for absolute beginners. Newer users are encouraged to gain some experience with Word before attending this course but can still learn useful tools.
The goal of this course is make students more proficient in designing and laying out documents. You will learn how to organize documents with page and section breaks, how to reshape text by changing page orientation and adding columns, and how to add features like headers, footers, borders, and signature lines.
1 - Lessons
- Controlling Layout with Page and Section Breaks - Learn how to insert page and various different types of section breaks.
- Changing Page Orientation - Learn how to change page orientation and margins for specific pages within a document.
- Working with Columns - Learn how to insert and modify text in columns.
- Adding Borders and Shading - Learn how to add borders and shading to text, paragraphs, and an entire page.
- Working with Multiple Headers and Footers - Learn how to add and modify headers and footers for different pages and sections, as well as how to change page number formatting.
- Creating Signature Lines - Learn how to add signature lines to your documents.