Red Hat provides open-source software products that deliver efficient, scalable, and reliable platforms for your organization's applications. Red Hat technologies power a large percentage of the servers that host web sites and cloud based services.
New Horizons has all the Red Hat courses and training you need to prepare you for certification or to solidify your Red Hat expertise.
New Horizons delivers premium Red Hat Linux training and Red Hat certification exam preparation. Whether you're working towards becoming a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA), our hands-on labs and training— based on real-world application and experience—will help you achieve the certification you need.
Red Hat Certification
Mastering Red Hat can equip you with the skills you need to minimize downtime, simplify data management and quickly provision new resources in your organization. One of the best ways to learn Red Hat products end to end is by earning a Red Hat certification.
Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCSA)
A Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification is earned when an IT professional demonstrates the core system-administration skills required in Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam EX200
A Red Hat Certified System Administrator is able to perform the following tasks:
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments and documentation.
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines and controlling services.
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes.
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists and network file systems.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update and core services.
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication.
- Manage security, including basic firewall and SELinux configuration
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
A Red Hat Certified Engineer certification is earned by an RHCSA who has demonstrated the knowledge, skill and ability required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer Exam EX300
Windows System Administrators with Minimal Linux Experience:
Linux or UNIX Administrators with 1-3 years of Experience:
Experienced Linux/Solaris Administrators:
Senior Linux Administrators:
A Red Hat Certified Engineer is able to perform the following tasks (in addition to tasks associated with RHCSA):
- Configuration of static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
- Setting kernel runtime parameters
- Building simple RPMs
- Configuring an iSCSI initiator
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization
- Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH and NTP