Don’t Let Your Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATVs) Go Unused
Has your organization purchased a Microsoft Software Volume Licensing agreement? If so, you may be eligible to redeem Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATVs) and get free training for select Microsoft courses.
Remember: SATVs can only be redeemed for Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) with an authorized Microsoft Partner like New Horizons. If your organization doesn't redeem its SATVs, you could be leaving free training dollars on the table!
Microsoft has announced plans to change, and eventually retire, Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) benefits. More information, including the expiration timetable, can be found in our blog article "Microsoft Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) - Update".
How Do I Know if My Company Has Microsoft SATVs?
- Locate your Microsoft Licensing Agreement (Your IT Director or Purchasing department usually has the Licensing Agreement.)
- Identify the Benefits Administrator (BA) named in the Licensing Agreement (The BA is the individual in your company that has the right to access SATV information.)
- Log into Microsoft.com/Licensing/ServiceCenter to access your company’s SATV information, such as # of available SATVs, Expiration Date, # of Used SATVs, # of remaining SATVs
How Does My Company Redeem SATVs?
- Identify the employee that will utilize the SATVs and the number of training days included in the desired class
- Activate the SATVs by assigning the appropriate number of SATVs (one for each day of training) to the student
- Submit the student’s name and email address, along with the number of vouchers required, on the SATV website
- The student will receive an automated email from Microsoft containing an 8-digit code
How Does My Company Use SATVs to Purchase Training?
- Contact New Horizons, an authorized Microsoft Learning Partner, and register for an SATV authorized Microsoft course
- Forward the email with the 8-digit code to your Account Representative at New Horizons
- New Horizons will then redeem the SATV with Microsoft
What Kind of Training Can Be Redeemed with SATVs?
- Courses can be delivered online, in the classroom, on-demand, and even on site
- Choose from technical training in Azure, SQL Server, SharePoint, Windows 10, Windows Server, and more
See All New Horizons Courses that are Eligible for SATVs
Do SATVs Expire?
- Yes, SATVs expire 180 days after they are created
- Training Vouchers must be requested before your Software Assurance expires and used within 180 days of being requested
Why Redeem My Training Vouchers with New Horizons?
- New Horizons is Microsoft's largest training provider, delivering more than 40% of all authorized Microsoft training worldwide
- Every Microsoft course from New Horizons follows Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) and is taught by one of our Microsoft Certified Trainers
Redeem your SATVs today, and maximize the ROI on your Microsoft technologies investment.
Do you have more questions about Microsoft SATVs? Complete the contact form on this page, and one of our Account Representatives will follow-up with you.
Additional SATV Resources