Introducing Microsoft Azure Role Based Certifications
At Microsoft Ignite 2018, the company announced significant changes for how they will certify Microsoft skills for Azure. The new paths going forward for Microsoft Certifications are going to be role-based. This means that each certification track that’s introduced is going to be based on career paths, rather than just broad coverage of Microsoft Azure features and services.
- Role-Based Certifications
Streamlined Certification Levels
- Feedback from Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCPs) expressed that certification exams were too broad
- Role-based allows individuals to truly become experts in their area of responsibility
Modular Course Design
- One-day and half-day instructor-led courses
- Allows for focused updates to training content as technology changes instead of whole course revisions
Azure Role-Based Certifications
Click on any of the certification badges below for full track details.
Retiring Azure Exams & Certifications
The current Azure certification that have been providing the Azure focused core to the MCSA: Cloud Platform and MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification paths are going to be retired December 31, 2018. However, the MCSA and MCSE certifications are not being retired, but rather transformed instead.
The following Azure related certification exams are going to be retired December 31, 2018. If you are studying for these exams, then you’ll want to switch gears toward the new exams, or pass them by the end of the year.
- 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- 70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- 70-535: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
As a result of retiring the above Azure focused certification exams, the existing / old MCSA and MCSE certifications based on them are also being retired. As a result, the following larger Azure focused certifications are being retired on December 31, 2018 as well.
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- MCSA: Linux on Azure
- MCSA: Cloud Platform
Individuals who previously passed Exam 70-532, 70-533, or 70-535 should take the appropriate transition exam instead. The transition exam covers the delta between the current certification and what we expect people who earn the new certification to be able to do.
The transition exams are as follows:
- Exam AZ-102: Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Transition. The exam is for those who’ve previously passed Exam 70-533. Exam AZ-102 retires 6/30/19
- Exam AZ-202: Microsoft Azure Developer Certification Transition. The exam is for those who’ve previously passed Exam 70-532. Exam AZ-202 retires 6/30/19
- Exam AZ-302: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification. The exam is for those who’ve previously passed Exam 70-535. Exam AZ-302 retires 6/30/19
Contact us today to discuss Microsoft Azure's new role-based certifications.