20345-1 Administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016/2019
This course teaches IT professionals how to administer and support Exchange Server. The course covers how install and configure Exchange Server. It also covers how to manage mail recipients and public folders, including how to perform bulk operations by using Exchange Management Shell. In addition, the course covers how to manage client connectivity, message transport and hygiene, and highly available Exchange Server deployments. It also covers how to implement disaster recovery solutions. Finally, the course covers how to maintain and monitor an Exchange Server deployment and how to administer Exchange Online in a Office 365 deployment.
Who Should Attend
The audience for this course includes enterprise-level messaging administrators on Exchange Server. IT generalists and helpdesk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server may also take this course. Students taking this course are expected to have at least two years of experience working in the IT field—typically in the areas of Windows Server administration, network administration, helpdesk, or system administration. They are also expected to have some experience with Exchange Server concepts but previous experience managing Exchange Server is not a requirement.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Deploy Exchange Server.
Plan and configure storage for Exchange Server.
Create and manage various recipient objects in Exchange Server.
Perform recipient management and Exchange server management tasks by using Exchange Server cmdlets.
Deploy Client Access services in Exchange Server.
Manage high availability in Exchange Server.
Implement disaster recovery for Exchange Server.
Configure and manage message transport in Exchange Server.
Configure message security in Exchange Server.
Monitor and troubleshoot Exchange Server.
Configure Exchange Server role-based access control permissions and configure audit logging for both administrators and users.
Implement and manage integration with Exchange Online.
Next Steps and Related Courses
1 - Deploying Exchange Server
- Overview of Exchange Server
- Exchange Server architecture
- Requirements for Exchange Server
- Deploying Exchange Server Exchange Server
- Exchange Server Management Tools
- Lab : Deploying Exchange Server
2 - Managing Exchange Server 2016 storage
- Exchange Server mailbox databases
- Exchange Server storage
- Configuring Exchange Server mailbox databases and storage
- Lab : Configuring Exchange Server storage
3 - Managing recipient objects
- Managing user mailboxes
- Managing other types of mailboxes
- Managing other recipients objects
- Configuring policies and address lists
- Lab : Managing recipient objects
- Lab : Configuring address lists and policies
4 - Managing recipients and Exchange servers by using Exchange Server cmdlets
- Overview of the Exchange Management Shell
- Managing Exchange Servers by using Exchange Management Shell cmdlets
- Managing Exchange servers by using scripts
- Lab : Managing Exchange Server and recipient objects by using Exchange Management Shell
5 - Implementing client connectivity
- Configuring client access services
- Managing client access services
- Client connectivity in Exchange Server
- Configuring Outlook on the web
- Configuring mobile messaging
- Lab : Configuring client access services
- Lab : Deploying and configuring client access services on Exchange Server
6 - Managing high availability in Exchange Server
- High availability on Exchange Server
- Configuring highly available mailbox databases
- Configuring high availability of Client Access services
- Lab : Implementing DAGs
- Lab : Implementing and testing high availability
7 - Implementing disaster recovery for Exchange Server
- Implementing Exchange Server backup
- Implementing Exchange Server recovery
- Lab : Backing up Exchange Server data
- Lab : Restoring Exchange Server data
8 - Configuring and managing message transport
- Overview of message transport
- Configuring message transport
- Managing transport rules
- Lab : Configuring and managing message transport
9 - Configuring message security
- Deploying and managing an Edge Transport server for message security
- Implementing an antivirus solution for Exchange Server
- Implementing an antispam solution for Exchange Server
- Lab : Configuring message security in Exchange Server
10 - Monitoring and troubleshooting Exchange Server
- Monitoring Exchange Server
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server
- Lab : Monitoring and troubleshooting Exchange Server
11 - Securing and maintaining Exchange Server
- Securing Exchange Server by using RBAC
- Configuring audit logging in Exchange Server
- Maintaining Exchange Server
- Lab : Securing and maintaining Exchange Server
12 - Implementing and managing Exchange Online deployments
- Overview of Exchange Online and Office 365
- Managing Exchange Online
- Implementing the migration to Exchange Online
- Managing a hybrid environment
- Lab : Managing Exchange Online
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Central time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Class times are listed Central time
This class is available for Private Group Training