Mastering Positive Assertiveness
Ensuring that you are heard and understood is an essential skill, but it can easily come across as antagonistic and confrontational. Whether addressing behavioral issues or directing a meeting, it is important that you be properly self-confident and emphatic, while maintaining positive work relationships. In this course, you will discover the best techniques to be properly assertive, and what are the ideal approaches in differing situations. Download the Course Outline and Information on Post-Class Content.
Who Should Attend
Team leaders, managers, executives and other business professionals, as well as those who would benefit by being able to assert themselves more effectively in a professional environment.
Develop the necessary skills to communicate with confidence. Apply communication styles that maximize benefits. Augment your listening and hearing skills to increase engagement. Utilize that art of asking questions to elicit more from others. Leverage your body language for full communication. Make the best first impressions by looking, sounding and being confident.
1 - What is Assertiveness?
- Differentiating Self-confidence from Assertiveness
- Understanding the Four Styles of Communication
- What Separates Assertiveness from Passiveness, Aggressiveness, and Passive-Aggressiveness
2 - Dimensions of Communication
- Differentiating Listening from Hearing
- Developing Emphatic Listening Skills
- Utilizing Question Types – Open, Clarifying, and Closed
- Converting Negative Thinking into Positive Thinking
3 - Body Language Says It All
- Managing Your Appearance
- Understanding Non-verbal Communication
- Making the Right First Impression
- Speaking with Confidence
- Relaxing and Reducing Anxiety
4 - Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Building Rapport and Trust
- Appreciating the Different Ways that People Send and Receive Information
- Breaking Down Barriers and Building Consensus
- Applying PEGASUS
- Utilizing a Tactical Approach
- Choosing the Proper Form of Communication
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Central time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
|| 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Class times are listed Central time
This class is available for Private Group Training