Blockchain - An Overview for Business Professionals
This instructor-led 1 day Blockchain Architecture training is for technical leaders who need to make decisions about architecture, environment, and development platforms.
Who Should Attend
This course provides general overview of Blockchain technology and is specifically designed to answer the following questions:
What is Blockchain? (What exactly is it?)
Non-Technical Technology Overview (How does it work?)
Benefits of Blockchain (Why should anyone consider this?)
Use Cases (Where and for what apps is it appropriate?)
Adoption (Who is using it and for what?)
Implementation (How do I get started?)
Future of Blockchain (What is its future?)
1 - WHAT IS BLOCKCHAIN?
- A record keeping system
- Trustless environment
2 - HOW DOES BLOCKCHAIN WORK?
- Crypto Hashing
- Digital Fingerprinting
- PoW vs PoS
3 - TYPES OF BLOCKCHAINS
- Public vs Private
- Open vs closed
- Smart Contracts
- Blockchain as History
- Tokens / Coins
4 - HOW IS BLOCKCHAIN DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE HAVE TODAY?
- Peer-to-peer architecture
- Software vs Firmware
- Database vs Blockchain
- Distributed database or other technology?
- Data Sovereignty
- Group Consensus
5 - WHAT ARE USE CASES FOR BLOCKCHAIN?
- Use Case Examples
- Banking Services
- Medical Records
- Supply Chain / Value Chain
- Content Distribution
- Verification of Software Updates (cars, planes, trains, etc)
- Law Enforcement
- Title and Ownership Records
- Social Media and Online Credibility
- Fractional asset ownership
- Cable Television billing
- High fault tolerance
- Public or Private Blockchain?
- Who are the participants?
6 - WHAT DOES A BLOCKCHAIN APP LOOK LIKE?
- Resembles typical full stack web application
- Any internal state changes and all transactions are written to the blockchain
- Public Blockchain visibility
- Private Blockchain solutions
7 - HOW DO I DESIGN A BLOCKCHAIN APP?
- What does this solution need to let users do?
- Will the proposed solution reduce or remove the problems and pain points currently felt by users?
- What should this solution prevent users from doing?
- Do you need a solution ready for heavy use on day 1?
- Is your solution idea enhanced by the use of Blockchain? Does the use of Blockchain create a better end-user experience? If so, how?
- Has your business developed custom software solutions before?
- What level of support are you going to need?
- How big is the developer community?
- Does your vision of the future align with the project or platform's vision of the future?
- Does the platform aim to make new and significant contributions to the development space, or is it an efficiency / cost play?
- Should the solution be a public or private Blockchain?
- Should the solution be an open or closed Blockchain?
- Create a plan for contract updates and changes!
- Hybrid solutions
- Monetary exchanges?
8 - HOW DO I DEVELOP A BLOCKCHAIN APP?
- AGILE approach pre-release
- Define guiding principles up front
- Software vs Firmware
- Announcements, not transactions!
- Classes, not contracts
- Link contracts to share functions
- Use calling contracts to keep contract address the same
- Hyperledger vs Ethereum
- CONSIDER No of Users * Avg No of Transactions (state changes) per User
- Should a Blockless solution be applied?
- Monolithic vs Modular
- Sandwich complexity model
9 - HOW DO I TEST A BLOCKCHAIN APP?
- Recommend 5x to 10x traditional application testing time
This is a 1-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Central time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.