In this course, students will learn how to plan and implement an operating system deployment strategy using modern deployment methods, as well as how to implement an update strategy. Students will be introduced to key components of modern management and co-management strategies. This course also covers what it takes to incorporate Microsoft Intune into your organization. Students will also learn about methods for deployment and management of apps and browser-based applications. Students will be introduced to the key concepts of security in modern management including authentication, identities, access, and compliance policies. Students will be introduced to technologies such Azure Active Directory, Azure Information Protection and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, as well as how to leverage them to protect devices and data.
Who Should Attend
The Modern Desktop Administrator deploys, configures, secures, manages, and monitors devices and client applications in an enterprise environment. Responsibilities include managing identity, access, policies, updates, and apps. The MDA collaborates with the M365 Enterprise Administrator to design and implement a device strategy that meets the business needs of a modern organization.
The Modern Desktop Administrator must be familiar with M365 workloads and must have strong skills and experience of deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and non-Windows devices. The MDA role focuses on cloud services rather than on-premises management technologies.
Plan, develop, and implement an Operating System deployment, upgrade, and update strategy.
Understand the benefits and methods of co-management strategies.
Plan and implement device enrollment and configuration.
Manage and deploy applications and plan a mobile application management strategy.
Manage users and authentication using Azure AD and Active Directory DS.
Describe and implement methods used to protect devices and data.
1 - Planning an Operating System Deployment Strategy
- The Enterprise Desktop
- Assessing Deployment Readiness
- Deployment Tools & Strategies
2 - Implementing Windows 10
- Upgrading Devices to Windows 10
- Deploying New Devices and Refreshing
- Migrating Devices to Windows 10
- Alternate Deployment Methods
- Imaging Considerations
3 - Managing Updates for Windows 10
- Updating Windows 10
- Windows Update for Business
- Introduction to Windows Analytics
4 - Device Enrollment
- Device management options
- Microsoft Intune Overview
- Manage Intune device enrollment and inventory
- Managing devices with Intune
5 - Configuring Profiles
- Configuring device profiles
- Managing user profiles
- Monitoring devices
6 - Application Management
- Implement Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Deploying and updating applications
- Administering applications
7 - Managing Authentication in Azure AD
- Azure AD Overview
- Managing identities in Azure AD
- Protecting identities in Azure AD
- Managing device authentication
8 - Managing Device Access and Compliance
- Microsoft Intune Overview
- Implement device compliance policies
9 - Managing Security
- Implement device data protection
- Managing Windows Defender ATP
- Managing Windows Defender in Windows 10