The CompTIA A+ course can benefit you in two ways. Whether you work or plan to work in a mobile or corporate environment where you have a high level of face-to-face customer interaction, where client communication and client training are important, or in an environment with limited customer interaction and an emphasis on hardware activities, this course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It can also assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA A+ certification examination, exam numbers 220-1002, in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ 220-1002 Certification Exam.
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. You will:
Support operating systems.
Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
Implement physical security.
Secure workstations and data.
Troubleshoot workstation security issues.
Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
Implement operational procedures.
1 - Supporting Operating Systems
- Identify Common Operating Systems
- Use Windows Features and Tools
- Manage Files in Windows
- Manage Disks in Windows
- Manage Devices in Windows
2 - Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Operating Systems
- Configure and Use Linux
- Configure and Use macOS
- Install and Upgrade Operating Systems
- Maintain Oss
3 - Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
- Install and Manage Windows Applications
- Manage Windows Performance
- Troubleshoot Windows
4 - Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Configure Network Connection Settings
- Install and Configure SOHO Networks
- Configure SOHO Network Security
- Configure Remote Access
- Troubleshoot Network Connections
5 - Managing Users, Workstations, and Shared Resources
- Manage Users
- Configure Shared Resources
- Configure Active Directory Accounts and Policies
6 - Security Concepts
- Logical Security Concepts
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Physical Security Measures
7 - Securing Workstations and Data
- Implement Security Best Practices
- Implement Data Protection Policies
- Protect Data During Incident Response
8 - Troubleshooting Workstation Security Issues
- Detect, Remove, and Prevent Malware
- Troubleshoot Common Workstation Security Issues
9 - Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
- Secure Mobile Devices
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device Issues
10 - Implementing Operational Procedures
- Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- Environmental Impacts and Controls
- Create and Maintain Documentation
- Use Basic Change Management Best Practices
- Implement Disaster Prevention and Recovery Methods
- Basic Scripting Concepts
- Professionalism and Communication
11 - Appendix A
- Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® A+® Core 2 (Exam 220-1002)