This course is an introduction to the Office 365 Power BI app. Students will learn what Power BI is, how to navigate through the application, methods for connecting to different types of datasets, tools for report creation, and ways to publish and share Power BI content. Power BI is an efficient, powerful tool that allows users to create dynamic, easy to read dashboards, and this course will start you on your way to becoming a power user.
Who Should Attend
If you are responsible for taking large sets of data and presenting them in a concise, logical fashion then this course is for you. It is worth mentioning that this course does require you to have at least basic knowledge of how datasets are structured. Existing knowledge of how table relationships are created is also a plus.
The goal of this course is to equip students to be able to transform large data sets into easy to read reports and dashboards. By the end of this class you will not only know how to use the Power BI tools, but will also have a greater understanding of how to properly structure data sets.
1 - Lessons
- Microsoft Power BI: Learn what Power BI is and why it is important to you
- Getting Started with Power BI: Become familiar with the Power BI environment, and how to import data sets
- Working with Reports: Learn how to use the Power BI visualization tools to create reports.
- Adding Text and Shapes to a Report: Learn how to enhance your reports by adding text and shapes
- Publishing Your Power BI Content: Learn ways to publish and share your Power BI content with users throughout your organization